DaJobSucks

Blog for those who have lost their jobs, want more from their current jobs, desire better work opportunities or just want to earn extra income.

TLA

The dangers of a supervisor not having a life

Written by HmD on 9/03/2008 05:28:00 PM

I have been supervised by many over the past couple of years. The issues I have had with these supervisors is that I was always subject to their lifestyle patterns. I have had the same supervisor for a couple of months now and she, God bless her soul, is not a bad person. However, because of her lifestyle or lack there of, I have come under some serious pressure.

My supervisor has no life, she lives with her mother, has all her meals prepared for her, has her cloths washed and ironed for her, has no significant other and never goes out. All these things are not bad if you choose to do so, but what it does is gives her more time to be at work. Not only is she at work, but she is at work all the time. You leave work, and she is at her desk and you get back in the morning and she is still there. The bad thing about it is that she expects the same from her subordinates. She cannot seem to comprehend that others are not like her and actually have reasons to go home or to do other things apart from work. As a result of what was just said, her expectations are unreasonable which drives people up the wall. What I did though was to take control of my own life. I decided that life should be balanced and that I was not going to allow the other aspects of my life to be swept under the rug to satisfy someone who does not have a life. I laid out all the activities I had during the day and let her know that I could not live up to her expectations. She accepted my explanations, but our working relationship started deteriorating after that and I finally decided to leave.

If faced with the same situation, and you are not willing to give up all for the job, the best thing to do is to make every attempt to meet expectations, but if you know from the bottom of your heart that you cannot do it, then silently search for a job and make no mention of your grievances, so that you can leave on a good note.

Written by: Carl Bringham

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ The dangers of a supervisor not having a life ”

About Me

Here I'll share my knowledge, discovery and experience related to my hobby and work. Most articles on this site are related to job fulfillment and tips on how to make money from home.

Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader.